TEHRAN – A top military official restated Iran’s statement that Israel and the U.S. bases in the region and are within Iran’s missile reach. The statement came as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps successfully test-fired 14 locally-produced missiles on Tuesday.
“U.S. targets in the region and Israel are within the range of Iran’s missiles,” Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the IRGC Aerospace Force, told reporters on Tuesday.
Iran has repeatedly warned that it will not hesitate for a moment to retaliate forcefully if Israel does any attack against Iran.
Hajizadeh said Israel is just 1,200 kilometers away from Iran while range of Iran’s missiles is 2000 kilometers and this shows that “we can hit it (Israel) from Damghan or Semnan with our missiles.”
“The range of our missiles has been designed based on American bases in the region as well as the Zionist regime,” Hajizadeh stated.
He added, “The Americans have reduced our labors. Their military bases in the region are in a range of 130, 250 and maximum 700 kilometers in Afghanistan which we can hit with these missiles.”
Asked if Iranian missiles posed a threat to Europe, Hajizadeh said the 2000-kilometer range had been chosen precisely with Israel and U.S. bases, while Iran had the technological know how to build missiles with a longer range.
“Our extra-regional enemies are the U.S. and the Zionist regime and we do not feel a threat from any other country, thus we do not need missiles with a range longer than 2000 kilometers,” he noted.
On Tuesday, the IRGC test-fired 14 locally produced missiles with different ranges. The tests came during the second day of the first stage of the Great Prophet 6 war game.
Fourteen domestically-manufactured missiles, including nine Zelzal, two Shahab 1, two Shahab 2, and one Shahab 3 were fired and successfully hit the mock targets, Colonel Ali Asghar Qelichkhani stated.
The deputy commander of IRGC, Hossein Salami, IRGC Aerospace Organization chief Hajizadeh, and a number of other high-ranking military officials were present at the war game.
The second stage of the war game, which began on Monday, will be conducted on July 5.
Salami said the IRGC’s strategy is defensive but the tactics are offensive.
“Our strategy is defensive but our tactics are offensive,” Salami, the IRGC deputy chief, noted.
He added, “We will not be the initiator of any (military) operation, but our tactics are specifically offensive.”
Salami also said in the near future the IRGC will test-fire missiles on movable targets at the sea.
On military threats against Iran, he said, “Our finger is on the trigger.”
Dua kediaman di Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang digunakan sebagai alamat untuk mendaftar 152 pengundi Melayu, Cina dan India dalam contoh terbaru daftar pengundi Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya (SPR) terdedah kepada penyelwengan. Pendedahan itu turut sekali gus mengukuhkan keperluan diadakan Himpunan Bersih 2.0 pada 9 Julai untuk mendesak SPR dan kerajaan memastikan pilihanraya umum ke 13 dijalankan secara telus dan adil. Seorang bloger bergelar Anak Sungei Derhaka mendedahkan daftar pengundi SPR menunjukkan 88 pengundi Melayu dan India didaftarkan di alamat No 1155, Kampung Bagan Serai. Kesemua mereka didaftar untuk mengundi di kerusi parlimen Permatang Pauh yang disandang oleh Ketua Pembangkang Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Mereka turut didaftar untuk mengundi di kerusi Dewan Undangan Negeri Seberang Jaya. Selain itu, daftar SPR juga menunjukkan 64 pengundi Melayu dan India didaftarkan No 1138, Kampung Bagan Serai. Pemerikasaan Anak Sungei Derhaka mendedahkan dua alamat itu membabitkan dua rumah kecil papan. Gambar-gambar rumah berkenaan disiarkan di laman web darisungeiderhaka.blogspot.com. Bloger berkenaan membidas Timbalan Pengerusi SPR Wan Ahmad Wan Omar kerana membidas Bersih tanpa mengakui kepincangan dalam daftar pengundi. “Beliau sepatutnya membuat semakan terhadap daftar pemilih yang baru dikemaskini Mei lalu,” kata beliau. “Jika beliau serius akan tanggungjawabnya beliau harus menjelaskan bagaimana sebuah rumah yang kecil ini boleh terdapat seramai 64 pengundi di dalamnya dan bagaimanapun sebuah lagi rumah yang berada di kawasan yang sama boleh mempunyai seramai 88 pengundi pula,” tambahnya. Semalam Wan Ahmad mendakwa himpunan Bersih diperalatkan oleh Pakatan Rakyat untuk menawan Putrajaya. Sebelum ini, Timbalan Presiden Parti Keadilan Rakyat Azmin Ali mendedahkan rumah emaknya didaftarkan di bawah nama enam pengundi Melayu dan Cina untuk membuang undi pada PRU akan datang. SPR bagaimanapun meremehkan isu “pengundi hantu” walaupun masalah itu telah berlarutan lebih lima dekad.
Matthias Chang, the former political secretary of Dr Mahathir Mohamad, has spoken out against the government's political crackdown in the run-up to the July 9 rally for electoral reforms by Bersih.
Writing in his blog, Chang (right), a staunch loyalist of the former prime minister and no friend of Pakatan Rakyat, described the spate of arrests of Bersih sympathisers and the threats by UMNO ringleaders to thwart the rally as indicating "the administration’s one track mentality in solving problems, not that the Bersih Rally is a problem."
Saying Bersih's organisers had already given assurance of the rally's peaceful nature, Chang called on authorities not to deploy the Federal Reserve Unit but instead assist them in controlling traffic during the gathering.
"Bersih has assured the nation that the rally would be peaceful and its intention is to deliver a memorandum for a fair and clean election to the King.
"How long would the Bersih Rally be, in the absence of any police action? At the most, one and half hours, and thereafter, they would have to disperse, again peacefully. End of the story," he wrote, adding that those behind Bersih was aware that allowing the rally to turn violent could only undermine the group's credibility.
'Sheer stupidity to ban t-shirts'
Chang also said prime minister Najib Razak should join hands with the Bersih protesters and accompany them in handing over the memorandum to the Agong.
"Be at the gate of the Agong’s palace to stand in solidarity with the participants and show support for their civic-mindedness and assure all those peaceful participants that every effort will be made to ensure a fair and clean election as was the case in 2008 and all previous elections," he added.
Reserving some of his harshest words for UMNO Youth leader Khairy Jamaluddin and Perkasa leaders, Chang also rubbished as "sheer stupididy" the announcement by Home minister Hishamuddin Hussein banning the yellow Bersih t-shirts.
"To declare that it is a crime and or illegal to wear any clothing in yellow bearing the logo 'Bersih' is sheer stupidity. And the Home Minister is a lawyer by training!
"If such clampdown is to demonstrate the power of UMNO and nothing else, then the year long campaign that we are '1Malaysia' rings hollow and that the Barisan Nasional government has no faith in its policies especially its Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), the political crown jewel of Najib’s administration," he said.
Last year, the 61-year old Chang, a lawyer by training, chose to go to jail for contempt of court after an argument with the High Court judge during a defamation suit he took against American Express for suspending his card. - HarakahDaily