Gobala slams PKR leaders in tweet rage...

on Dec 24, 2010



(The Star) - Padang Serai MP N. Gobalakrishnan has dropped hints that he might lower his profile in PKR over disputes with the party leadership.

He openly voiced his disillusionment with the party leadership through series of tweets yesterday.
In one tweet, Gobalakrishnan said that party adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was playing divisive politics in Selangor, and that such politicking had been Anwar’s strength since his university days.
In another tweet, he announced that he was distancing himself from Anwar and deputy president Azmin Ali, who according to him, was the favourite to be the next Selangor mentri besar.
He also tweeted that “Anwar and Azmin do not like me because I am not a hypocrite”.
He criticised the party leadership, saying the exco members were busy talking about economics and international issues when the poor in Selangor were being neglected.
However, when contacted, Gobalakrishnan stressed that he would not be resigning.
“No, no, I am not going to resign. I am distancing myself from PKR leaders, not PKR,” he explained.
He said he was prepared to face the music from the disciplinary board for his outbursts.
“I see a lot of things that are unbecoming in the party. Doesn’t matter, I’ll sacrifice myself,” he said.
Gobalakrishnan said he merely wanted to be member who voiced the truth about the party.
“They can crucify me but if I don’t say it, I’d be a hypocrite.
“I don’t kowtow to anyone. I am a member of PKR, a party for justice,” he added.
However, he hoped the party leadership would give him a fair hearing if they were planning to sack him.
“Many who have been sacked were never given a chance to defend themselves,” he said.
Gobalakrishnan, who lost the vice-president’s race in last month’s party election, also slammed the party’s lack of transparency in its recent elections.
“Until now, all the candidates’ tallies have not been announced. I want the PKR election results to be made public,” he said.
He also questioned N. Surendran’s appointment as one of the party’s vice-presidents by the party leadership, alleging that the lawyer was not even a member.
“There are many other suitable Indian leaders who can be appointed to the post. Yet, Anwar chose him.
“We have checked and there is no record that he is a member of the party,” claimed Gobalakrishnan.

0 comments:

Followers

pop up text

Blog Archive

Top Ranking Pro PR

My Blog List